10 Things to Consider
10 Things to Consider When Selecting a Twin Cities Wedding Transportation Company
1. Reserve Early
- Certain months and weekends are in higher demand and require longer minimum rentals.
2. Understand the Reservation Policy
- The majority of limousine companies have a minimum number of hours when making your reservation. We encourage you to consider extending your reservation in advance, since we cannot guarantee that the vehicle can be available to you beyond the reserved time. The standard industry practice is a non-refundable deposit to put toward your reservation for your limousine and the balance due the week of the wedding.
3. Method of Payment
- Do they accept credit cards? If not, they may be only a part-time company.
4. Know What You Are Getting
- It is your wedding, be specific regarding your objectives. Quality limousine operators can make suggestions, but you should always make the final decisions. Ask what the standard uniform attire is for their chauffeurs. At Renee’s Royal Valet, our chauffeurs are dressed in tuxedos and must maintain a professional, courteous demeanor at all times.
5. Ask If the Company Is a Member of Their Local Association
- Minnesota Chauffeured Transportation Association, (MCTA) and National Limousine Association (NLA). You can feel safe to know they are properly licensed and insured.
6. Ask About Insurance and Licensing
- Limousine Companies are required to carry "livery vehicle" commercial insurance and registered with MN Motor Carrier. The chauffeurs meet all state driving requirements and back ground checks.
7. The Cheapest Is Not Always the Best
- According to the National Limousine Association, the inexpensive option is by all means not always the most reliable and efficient.
8. Ask What Comes Included
- In the Wedding Package Red Carpet, “Just Married” Sign, Glasses, Ice and Non- Alcoholic Champagne are included in our Royal Package. You may drink alcohol in a limousine, but by Minnesota State Law, Limousines Companies are not permitted to provide alcoholic beverages.
9. Request to See One of the Company's Vehicles
- You do not want to be surprised on your wedding day by an older stretch limousine when you are expecting a newer model.
10. Ask For a Signed & Valid Rental Service Contract
- First class limousine operators will provide you with a written agreement assuring you that you are securing the exact service and limousine you requested. This will ensure no surprises on your Wedding Day.