10 Things to Consider
10 Things to Consider When Selecting a Twin Cities Wedding Transportation Company
1. Reserve Early
- Certain months and weekends are in higher demand and require longer minimum rentals. We recommend booking your transportation at least 6 months in advance. Larger specialty vehicles such as Trolleys or Limo Coaches may book 12 months or more in advance. So don't miss out.
2. Check Their Reviews.
- Past performance is the best indicator of future performance. There are many review sites to consider: Google, Facebook, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Yelp, Angie's List, and more. How many reviews do they have? How recent are the newest reviews? What sort of comments are consistent between reviews.
3. Understand the Reservation Policy
- The majority of limousine companies have a minimum number of hours when making your reservation. We encourage you to consider extending your reservation in advance, since we cannot guarantee that the vehicle can be available to you beyond the reserved time. The standard industry practice is a non-refundable deposit to put toward your reservation for your limousine and the balance due the week of the wedding.
4. Know What You Are Getting
- It is your wedding, be specific regarding your objectives. Quality limousine operators can make suggestions, but you should always make the final decisions. Ask what the standard uniform attire is for their chauffeurs. At Renee’s Limousines, our chauffeurs are professionally dressed in black suits and must maintain a professional, courteous demeanor at all times.
5. Ask If the Company Is a Member of Their Local Association
- Minnesota Chauffeured Transportation Association, (MCTA) and National Limousine Association (NLA). You can feel safe to know they are properly licensed and insured.
6. Ask About Insurance and Licensing
- Limousine Companies are required to carry "livery vehicle" commercial insurance, be registered with MN DOT, and have regular vehicle inspections. The chauffeurs must meet all state driving requirements and background checks.
7. The Cheapest Is Not Always the Best
- According to the National Limousine Association, the inexpensive option is by all means not always the most reliable and efficient. Price is always a factor, but it's important that you are confident with your transportation provider.
8. Ask What Comes Included
- A Red Carpet, “Just Married” Sign, Crystal Glassware, Bottled Water, Ice, and Non- Alcoholic Champagne are included in our Wedding Packages. You may drink alcohol in a limousine, but by Minnesota State Law, Limousines Companies are not permitted to provide alcoholic beverages.
9. Request to See One of the Company's Vehicles
- You do not want to be surprised on your wedding day by a limousine that is in poor condition or not what you are expecting. Viewing your limo in person not only will save you the embarrassment of having an unsightly limo show up on your special day, but you will also get a glimpse at how the company does business.
10. Ask For a Written Rental Service Contract
- First class limousine operators will provide you with a written agreement assuring you that you are securing the exact service and limousine you requested. This will ensure no surprises on your Wedding Day.